Build your cash cushion faster. We’ll round up debit card purchases and transfer the change to your savings.
- Save Easily
- Automatic Transfers
- Free to Join
- Free to all Pathfinder Bank customers
- Available to customers who use a debit card
- Save money with each debit card swipe
- Transactions round up to the nearest $1, $5, or $10 increment
- Difference is transferred to your savings each night
- Maintain current spending habits while saving
- Applies to both PIN-based and signature-based transactions
- Funds are not transferred if it will cause your checking to be overdrawn
Use your debit card to make a purchase for anything. Every purchase amount rounds up to the nearest $1, $5, or $10 — whatever increment you choose. The difference between the purchase you made and the increment amount is then debited from your checking account. That amount is then placed into your savings.
- You sign up for Change Jar and ask that your debit card purchases be rounded up to the nearest $1 increment.
- Use your debit card for anything — a retail purchase, paying a bill, making an automatic payment, or anything else.
- You make a purchase for $12.32. The nearest $1 increment is $13.
- Your checking account is debited for the purchase of $12.32, and a second debit for $0.68 is made.
- The $0.68 is transferred to your savings account by the end of the business day.
If the $5 increment is selected:
The $12.32 will process, and the second debit that will be transferred to the savings account will be for $2.68, bringing the total debit amount to $15.
If the $10 increment is selected:
The $12.32 will process, and the second debit that will be transferred to the savings accounts will be for $7.68, bringing the total debit amount to $20.