Our low rates and flexibility have been helping make home ownership dreams come true in Upstate New York since 1859. In that time, we've learned that we offer all the mortgage services the large national banks do...except the hassles.
We'll work hard to tailor a mortgage specific to you and your monthly budget. Come enjoy a stress-free experience with Pathfinder Bank.
- Competitive rates
- Wide range of terms and options
- Fixed rates and adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs)
- Local decision-making
- Attentive and responsive personal service
- Communication at every step
- Timely closing
- Rate-lock guarantee
- Pre-qualification available for better buying power
- Fixed Rate vs. ARM
There are a wide range of terms and options we can use to customize your mortgage loans. A starting point to determine is choosing a fixed rate versus an adjustable rate mortgage (ARM).
Why choose a fixed rate?
- Your interest rate will never increase
- Stability and consistency
- Predictable monthly payments
- Option to pay "points," an upfront investment that reduces interest rate, and resulting monthly payment
Why Choose an ARM?
The initial interest rate is always lower with an ARM over a fixed rate mortgage. This is an obvious advantage. But many people wonder, "Why choose an ARM if the rate might keep increasing?" Good question. It's not for everyone, but an ARM could be perfect if:
- You plan on selling the house in 5-10 years
- You expect your salary and income to increase within a few years
- All Pathfinder Bank ARMs have annual and lifetime limits on interest rate changes